The First Lady is a tough act to follow.
I hope you’ve had a chance to watch her video message that OFA New Mexico released yesterday. But even if you’ve already seen the First Lady’s video, Mrs. Obama’s message on the importance of voting early bears repeating.
Starting at 8:00 AM this morning, voters here in the Land of Enchantment began casting some of the very first ballots of the presidential election in the West.
At county clerk facilities in all 33 of New Mexico’s counties, early voting has now begun. You can find out where you can vote at http://vote.barackobama.com.
The President's supporters got up at the crack of dawn to get out the vote in Sandoval County.
Hopefully, you’re planning on voting early today. But, if not, here are seven good reasons to cast your ballot before November 6th:
1. Convenience. In New Mexico, you can cast a no-excuse, in-person absentee ballot at county clerk offices (or annexes) in any county starting today. Simply put, all you need to do is show up at the county clerk's office (or annex) and VOTE. From October 20th to November 3rd, you can early vote at even more locations!
Plus, there’s no need to present a photo ID if you’ve voted in a federal election in New Mexico before, or, if you registered to vote in person.
2. Peace of Mind. What if you get sick on November 6th? What if your car breaks down? What if you have a family emergency? What if you win the lottery and decide to take a trip around the world? The earlier you plan to vote, the less likely it is that something will get in the way of you casting your ballot.
3. Stickers. Who can wait 28 days for their “I Voted” sticker?
4. Lines. Don’t like lines? You’re less likely to have to wait in one if you vote early.
5. New Mexico Pride. Our state starts voting before Colorado, Nevada or any other state in the West. What we do between now and Election Day will help write the headlines going into Election Day.
6. It’s important. In 2008, early voting provided the margin of victory for President Obama in many states. If you want to keep moving America forward, early voting is one of the best ways you can help.
7. Voting Early Saves Precious Volunteer Time. When you vote early, you take yourself off the list of voters who need to be called or canvassed, allowing volunteers to focus on the voters who can't possibly vote early.
So there you have it. Voting early is easy. It's fun. And it helps the President and Democrats across the board.
Our future starts today. Vote early.
Fired up and ready to vote? Head to http://vote.barackobama.com to find your polling location and more…