After the New Hampshire primary this month, Republican candidates left the state. Our volunteers, on the other hand, are continuing to organize. From State of the Union watch parties to phone banks and office openings, our organization is continuing to grow every day.
Continuing to build on the excitement of the primary, the Vice President was in New Hampshire this past week to discuss the blueprint the President laid out in Tuesday's State of the Union and talk about how volunteers like you can help to grow the organization right in your own neighborhood. Check out our link round-up of his visit and then RSVP to join us at an upcoming event.
- White House Blog—Vice President Biden: "America Is Coming Back": As the Vice President emphasized, the policies the Obama Administration has put in place in its first three years are beginning to pay off—especially in manufacturing. The economy added 334,000 manufacturing jobs in the last two years, making it the strongest period of manufacturing job growth since the late 1990s.
- Vice President Biden's First Twitter Chat: Check out the VP's inaugural Twitter Chat on Storify.
- Portsmouth Herald—"Biden 'energizes base' during Port City visit": ""I think that, here in New Hampshire, while Republican candidates have moved on to other states, the Obama campaign is alive and well."
- Foster's Daily Democrat—"VP Biden praises Albany-Safran plan in Rochester": Vice President Joe Biden spoke to employees of two aerospace companies in the Lilac City Thursday, calling their collaboration with the city, state, and local community college a perfect example of the comeback of American manufacturing.
- Union Leader—"Biden talks business-education partnerships, "insourcing" in NH visit": Focusing on education is a key component to attracting and retaining manufacturers in the Granite State and nationwide, Biden said, and focused on the private-public partnership that is taking place in Rochester as an example.