"One hundred years from now, let it be said that this generation did its part; that we too ran the race; that full of faith that our dark past has taught us, full of the hope that the present has brought us, we faced—in our lives and all across this nation—the rising of a new day begun." – President Barack Obama
Welcome to African Americans for Obama. This site is designed for supporters of President Obama who care about issues that impact African Americans and want to help out the campaign in their community. We will keep you informed, involved, and excited about building the momentum to win in November.
Over the past three years, the President has focused on creating jobs, restoring economic security, and fighting for policies that give everyone a fair shot and the opportunity to succeed. President Obama:
- Lowered taxes for 20 million African Americans through the payroll tax cut, putting $800 back in the pocket of the typical African-American working family.
- Invested $3.4 billion in African American-owned businesses.
- Passed the Affordable Care Act, ending insurance company abuses and expanding access to preventive care, which will reduce health disparities for 41 million African Americans.
- Supported the early learning programs Head Start and Early Head Start, to reach an additional 64,000 children and their families.
- Doubled funding for Pell Grants, increasing the number of recipients and putting a college education within reach for an additional 200,000 African-American students over the next decade.
- Invested $2.55 billion in Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and other minority-serving institutions.
In 2008, we changed the guard—in 2012 we must guard the change! Join African Americans for Obama today.